Cheezy Broccoli Soup
This plant based cheezy green soup is ultra comforting and filling. The cheese can be used for a variety of dishes!
Servings 6 people
- 2 heads of broccoli cut into florets, stalk roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in boiling water for 10 mins, then drained
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- sourdough croutons
- olive oil
- cracked pepper
- Heat olive oil in your Crumble Dutch Oven, then add onion, celery, garlic and potatoes. Stir for 2-3 minutes until onion and garlic are fragrant.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Add broccoli florets and cook until soft, approx 7 minutes.
- Puree the soup using an immersion stick blender or food processor. If using a standblender, be sure to only use a blender that has a removable lid and can allowthe heat to escape - closed blenders like Nutribullet or similar cannot safelyblend hot liquid and can explode.
- Cover soup with a lid to keep warm while you make your cheezy sauce.
- Add all cheezy sauce ingredients to a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add 1/2 the cheezy sauce to the soup, plus the nutritional yeast and mix well.
- Add the remaining cheezy sauce to a small pot and heat on low until sauce begins to thicken. Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- Once the cheese has thickened to desired consistency, remove it from heat and serveimmediately with the soup. Add a drizzle of olive oil, sourdough croutons andcracked pepper to finish.