Supergreen Pea & Mint Patties
These vibrant green fritters are zesty, fresh and balanced with the protein of tofu. A delicious lunch option served with grilled sourdough, leafy salad and a generous dollop of natural yoghurt.
Servings 4 people
- 250 g frozen peas thawed
- 200 g fresh baby spinach
- 200 g extra firm tofu crumbled
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp za'atar
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- light vegetable oil for frying
- chilli oil
- natural yoghurt plant-based
- Combine peas and spinach in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds. Zest and juice lemon. Roughly crumble the tofu.
- Add lemon juice, zest, tofu and all remaining ingredients to food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Shape into small patties with your hands. *Note - if the mixture is a little too soft, mix in a little extra chickpea flour.
- Add a lug of vegetable oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add patties into the frypan.
- Cook for a few minutes and then flip over – around 3 minutes per side, until golden.
- Serve with veggies of your choice, top with generous dollop of natural yoghurt and chilli oil.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 683mg | Potassium: 970mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5461IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 9mg