This fresh vegan stir fry with roasted cabbage and cauliflower is perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner. If you love Japanese inspired recipes, be sure to check out this easy Ramen Soup and Jack Rock’s Vegan Okonomiyaki.
Vegan Udon Noodle Stir Fry
This fresh vegan stir fry with roasted cabbage and cauliflower is perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner. Recipe is by Veg Me Up meal kits from Melbourne, Australia (see notes for details).
Servings 4 people
- 360 g Udon noodles
- 1/3 red cabbage
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 8 stalks spring onion
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 220C. Slice cabbage into 2cm wedges and cauliflower into small florets. Line a baking tray, and place the cauliflower on one side, and the cabbage on the other.
- Mix 4 tbsp soy sauce with 4 tbsp oil and drizzle over all vegetables.
- Place vegetables in the oven. After 15 minutes, remove cauliflower. Allow the cabbage to bake fr another 5-10 minutes until caramelised.
- Bring a large saucepot of water to the boil, then add the udon noodles. These typically take 8 minutes, but check packet instructions. When done, drain and rinse noodles and set aside.
- Mince garlic. Finely slice the spring onions and set aside a small handful for garnish. Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large frypan and add garlic and remaining spring onions. Stir for 3 minutes over medium heat, then add noodles, mirin and curry powder. Stir for 2 minute, then add cauliflower and cabbage.
- Add 4 tbsp soy sauce, lime juice and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately in bowls and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.
If you're in Melbourne, Australia this meal kit is available for purchase on the Veg Me Up website.