Vegan Chocolate Mousse
This vegan chocolate mousse is so rich you would never guess it was made using silken tofu! The peanut butter adds even more creaminess and a hint of savoury that makes this the perfect indulgent dessert.
Servings 4 serves
- 600 g silken tofu
- 180 g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- small pinch of salt
- Sea salt flakes
- Strain tofu in a clean non-fluffy tea towel or nut milk bag to press out most of the water.
- Melt dark chocolate.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Serve into glasses or jars and sprinkle with sea salt flakes if desired.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving. It will firm up the longer it’s in the fridge – the consistency becomes more dense the longer you leave it. It’s still delicious but I like it best after just 1-2 hours, so time accordingly ?
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 732mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 18IU | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 7mg