Oreo & Dark Chocolate Truffles
These decadent but budget friendly truffles are as simple as blending a packet of oreos with cream cheese! Roll into balls and coat in dark chocolate to finish.
- 370 g oreos
- 250 g plant-based cream cheese
- 200 g dark chocolate
- sea salt flakes
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine oreos and cream cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place onto baking paper. Place in freezer to chill for 1 hour.
- Once the balls have chilled, melt chocolate. Coat each ball in the chocolate and place back onto lined baking tray, then sprinkle immediately with sea salt flakes, before the chocolate hardens.
- Once all truffles are coated in chocolate and sea salt, place the tray into the fridge to chill for a further 30 minutes. Truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you can't find vegan cream cheese, you may be able to substitute this with vegan sour cream if the consistency is thick (this will vary by brand - ask for a recommendation from a vegan friend of you're not sure). In Australia, the Made With Plants Sour Cream from Woolworths works pretty well! The truffles will be much softer but still delicious.
Calories: 3638kcal | Carbohydrates: 379g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 228g | Saturated Fat: 94g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Monounsaturated Fat: 60g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 2443mg | Potassium: 2296mg | Fiber: 49g | Sugar: 207g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Calcium: 385mg | Iron: 71mg