Healthy Copycat Lotus Biscoff Spread
This healthy wholefoods twist on the classic dessert spread is just as rich and creamy but much less processed! Made using cashews and almonds, with a maple syrup to sweeten and warming spices this vegan nut butter is the perfect spread for toast, banana bread or oats topping.
Servings 20 serves (1 jar)
- High powered blender
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp canola oil or similar neutral flavoured oil (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Spread the raw nuts evenly on a baking sheet and roast them for 18-20 minutes until fragrant and lightly golden, rotating the tray half way through so they are evenly golden. Keep an eye on them to avoid burning as ovens vary.
- Allow the roasted nuts to cool slightly before transferring them to a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Blend nuts on high speed for a few minutes until they break down and start to become creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides occasionally to ensure even blending.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and spices to a pinch of salt to the nut butter mixture in the food processor.
- Continue blending until allthe ingredients are well combined and the nut butter reaches your desired consistency. Add optional canola oil and blitz again if you would prefer a runnier and smoother consistency. You can also taste the mixture and add more syrup or spices to suit your taste.
- Transfer to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks. Before each use, you might need to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 0.4IU | Vitamin C: 0.04mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg