This wholefoods version of the classic chocolate spread is just as delicious but much less processed! It only requires 4 ingredients and is super simple to make - ready in just 30 minutes.
Servings 20 serves
- 1 Blender high powered
- 2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup pure
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C. Spread the raw hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast them for about 15-20 minutes until the skins start to crack and they become fragrant.
- Remove the hazelnuts from the oven and let them cool slightly. Transfer them to a clean kitchen towel and rub them together to remove the loose skins. It's okay if some skins remain.
- Once the hazelnuts are skinless, place them in a high-powered blender. Blend them for a few minutes until they form a smooth and creamy nut butter consistency. You may need to scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Add the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt (optional) to the hazelnut butter in the blender.
- Continue blending until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture turns into a rich and creamy chocolate spread. Adjust the sweetness by adding more maple syrup if desired.
- Once the healthy Nutella reaches the desired consistency and flavor, transfer it to a clean jar or airtight container.
- Store the homemade Nutella in the pantry for 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. If storing in the refrigerator, note that the texture will be much firmer, so you might need to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before eating.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 0.4mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg