This vibrant green Kale Tapenade is a plant-based twist on a French classic spread. Made with capers, green olives, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic this is a rich, salty and bold savoury spread. Serve on toasted baguette or crostini for a flavour-packed appetiser.
Watch me make this recipe
- High powered blender
- 2 cups packed kale leaves stems removed
- 1/2 cup green olives pitted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender. Pulse until the tapenade is chopped and combined. You can leave this on the chunkier side if desired or pulse a few more times for a smoother paste. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve on toasted baguette or crostini. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.