This airfryer tofu tastes so crispy, you'd never believe it's healthy, high in protein and uses very little oil!
Servings 4 people
- 400 g extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- Press the tofu for 10 mins. You can do this by wrapping it in a clean non-fluffy tea towel (or paper towel) and placing a heavy object on top.
- Cube the tofu into bite size pieces, transfer into a bowl. Add soy sauce and vegetable oil, stir to coat. Leave to soak for a few mins.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix to coat.
- Transfer tofu into your air fryer in a single layer, leaving a little bit of space around each piece so it gets super crispy. Set your air fryer to 200C/390°F. Cook for 5 minutes, shake the basket then continue to cook for a further 5 minutes (10 minutes cooking in total).
- Serve immediately with condiments or dipping choices as desired - I suggest sriracha mayo!
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 858mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 256IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg