Dark Chocolate & Tahini Brownies
These flourless chocolate brownies are intensely chocolatey, but with a hint of salt and bitterness!
Servings 9 people
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup tahini hulled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee muddled in a splash of water
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 150 g dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 160C and lightly grease a 20cm square pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk oil, tahini, vanilla extract, coffee and flax egg until combined.
- Add coconut sugar and soy milk, whisk until combined.
- Add almond meal, cacao, salt and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Add 100g of the dark chocolate and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly. Scatter the remaining 50g of dark chocolate over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- To check if fully baked, insert a skewer into the centre - if a tiny bit of batter comes off that's okay, but if it's completely coated then it needs to go back into the oven for an extra 5 minutes before checking again.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before cutting - 30 minutes at a minimum. The brownies will continue to bake in the pan.
- Cut into squares and serve with a drizzle of tahini if desired.