Pumpkin Pancake Bites
Fluffy, mildly spiced vegan pumpkin pancake bites! Ready in 20 minutes.
Servings 4 people
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup steamed pumpkin (250g)
- vegetable oil for cooking
- whipped coconut cream
- maple syrup
- To make the plant-based buttermilk: combine milk, vinegar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Stir and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a blender, combine the pumpkin and buttermilk mixture. Blitz until smooth.
- Heat a lug of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour a small amount of batter (about 2-3 tbsp) into the pan to make a mini pancake. Repeat, fitting as many as you can in the pan whilst making sure to leaving some room between the pancakes (so you can flip them easily). When bubbles start to appear in the middle - flip each pancake and cook for another minute or so until golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Top with whipped coconut cream and maple syrup to serve.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2703IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 370mg | Iron: 2mg