Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Move over chips, these super crispy smashed potatoes are the perfect easy appetiser! Serve with sriracha mayo or dipping sauce of your choice.
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg small potatoes washed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- generous pinch of salt
- fresh parsley leaves chopped
- sriracha mayonnaise or dipping sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Prick potatoes with a fork. Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes in salted water until soft and a fork can easily pierce them.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a baking tray. Press the potatoes down using the bottom of a glass or a potato masher to flatten them. The skin will break open. Press them so they are flattened but not breaking apart, about 2.5-3cm / 1 inch thick.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then check colour. Depending on your oven, to get them SUPER crispy they may need another 10 – 20 minutes. Keep checking on them every 10 minutes until they are golden and starting to brown around the edges.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce of choice, garnish with parsley.
Calories: 93kcal | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 0.2mg | Potassium: 0.1mg | Calcium: 0.1mg | Iron: 0.1mg