Kale Pesto Pasta
This vibrant green kale pesto is a punchy, zesty raw pasta sauce. Vegan-friendly and ready in just 20 minutes.
Servings 4 people
- Food processor
- 1 bunch curly kale leaves only, stems removed
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g rigatoni cooked to packet instructions
- chilli flakes
- cashew parmesan or nutritional yeast
- Combine all ingredients except the pasta in a food processor and blitz for a few minutes until minced. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times. The pesto will be a little chunky, not smooth. *If you prefer a silkier texture, use a blender and a splash of extra olive oil.
- Add the pesto to your cooked pasta and gently mix until combined.
- Serve into four bowls and garnish with chilli flakes or cashew parmesan if desired.
This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe from the cookbook Chloe's Kitchen by Chloe Coscarelli.
Calories: 859kcal | Carbohydrates: 105g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 26g | Sodium: 610mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3253IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 4mg