Stop throwing out your cauliflower leaves! They make a delicious, quick and easy snack. They are crispy on the edges but juicy and a little stringy in the centre – a super satisfying contrast of textures. Serve with tahini, aioli or dipping sauce of choice.
Roasted Cauliflower Leaves
- cauliflower leaves from the head of one cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- generous pinch of salt
Tahini dipping saucce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- splash of water
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place cauliflower leaves onto a baking tray, coat with olive oil and salt. Massage with your hands to ensure evenly coated.
- Roast until the leaves have darkened and gone crispy and the centre stems are tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- While the cauliflower leaves are roasting, combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well until combined.
- When the leaves are done, serve immediately.