Roasted Cauliflower with Chickpeas, Cucumber Salsa and Tamarind Chutney
This delicious bowl of masala chickpeas with roasted cauliflower and fresh zesty salad is a delicious vegan-friendly lunch.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 head cauliflower small
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 4 stalks spring onion
- 1 lime
- 2 lebanese cucumber
- 6 stalks coriander
- 800 g canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 60 g tamarind chutney
- 6 tbsp light olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 220C. Break cauliflower into florets and coat with curry powder, a good pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of oil. Place cauliflower on oven tray and roast for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Finely mince garlic and ginger. Set half the ginger aside. Slice cucumber into 1/2 cm cubes. Thinly slice spring onion, and roughly chop coriander including stems. Zest and juice lime.
- Add to a mixing bowl: ginger, cucumber, coriander, spring onion, lime zest, good pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of oil.
- Place frypan on medium heat. Add 2 tbsp of oil, garlic and remaining ginger. Cook for 2 minutes. Add chickpeas and garam masala and stir for 1 minute. Season with salt and add 1 cup of water, cook for 3-5 minutes until water reduces.
- To serve, place the chickpeas into bowls, top with cauliflower and cucumer salsa. Drizzle the tamarind chutney over the top.
This recipe is by Veg Me Up and can be purchased as a meal-kit if you live in Melbourne, Australia.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 1068mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 5mg